Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Long, Awaited Day has Arrived!!!

Today is possibly one of the happiest days in a long time for me because today, I walked out of the Sunrise Children's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for the last time. I walked out of there with a smile on my face, tears of joy in my eyes, and my head held high because right next to me was my son, 3 months old, healthy as ever, and finally able to come home with me.

This has been the longest 3 months of my life. It has been the most emotional, the most trying, the most painful, and the most worth it. Many days and nights I would walk out of the NICU, empty handed with a lump in my throat and the most sickening, scary feeling in my gut. Every time I walked out of there, I left a piece of my heart... no, a piece of my soul lying in an incubator surrounded by wires, tubes, and one of the most amazing medical staffs I have ever encountered.

And now it is over. He's home! No more wires, tubes, machines, tests, beepers, timers, schedules, nurses, doctors. Just family. He still has a long road ahead of him. He needs physical therapy, and lots of misc. exams. But he is home!!!

And I'll never have to walk into or out of that NICU again. It's not that it wasn't a nice place, cause it was. It's just that what it means to be in there is heartache, terror, nervousness, sleepless nights, fearing every phone call, being without that life that was growing inside you.




He's home! And now I feel whole again. I have my whole family together at last. This truly is a happy day!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a blessing.

    Dagmar
    Dagmar's momsense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ..I am so excited for you guys! And I know too well all the feelings you were going through. What a little miracle we have! The 1st won't be here quick enough for me to get to hold him!

    Hugs and Love to ya!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most wonderful news!!! I'm SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine!! I had to do 4 DAYS is all with my preemie girl. And that was horrible. So happy you could finally bring your baby home! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Welcome hom to your sweet baby! Best thing I've heard all day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails