It is COOKIE week!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Friends You Love and Think Tank Momma are bringing a warm-hearted, friendly Cookie Exchange to the Blogging World! Head over to Think Tank Momma's to post your favorite cookie recipe and link it up to share with us! Or if you aren't a blogger but would still like to share your recipe give it to the Think Tank Momma and she'll post it for you.
Since it’s fall. And Halloween is approaching. And pumpkin anything ROCKS, I went with Pumpkin!!! So here is my 2 cents worth of recipes this week! These cookies came out so soft and cake-like!
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 1 cup splenda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, splenda, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, raisins(if preferred) and flour. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
4. Drop cookies by the heaping teaspoonful on to cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned around edges.
5. Remove from oven and place on cooling racks. Enjoy!