Thursday, May 27, 2010

Share a Spoon - Delectable Meatloaf

Think Tank Momma

Today is Share a Spoon Thursday! Today's recipe topic is Comfort Foods. Head over to Think Tank Momma's to link up and find some more awesome recipes. One of my most favorite recipes that comforts me the most is one my Grandmother and Mother used to make when I was younger. It's pretty simple and my monkeys actually ate it!!

It's a Meatloaf. I know, I know, there are a lot of crazy meatloaf recipes out there that you wouldn't even want to feed to your worst enemy. I myself am quite the picky eater! So try this one. It's yummy!!


In a large bowl combine:
2 lbs ground beef or turkey (we've replaced red meats in our house, still just as good)
2 eggs
1 cup oatmeal (instant or whole, doesn't matter)
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion or onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
and I add a few dashes of seasonal salt for extra flavor

After combined, pour mix into an ungreased cake pan and shape into a nice, pretty mound that goes the length of the pan.
Pour 4 cans Cream of Mushroom soup, straight out of the can, on top of the loaf and spread evenly around. Cover with Tin Foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 60-90 minutes (depending on your elevation).

I serve this with steamed broccoli and seasoned mashed potatoes. It is very yummy!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. I am going to try this too. Sounds so easy and comforting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO Speaking of crazy meatloaf - the very first one I ever made was green!! Not. Even. Kidding!! Green. With an oil ring around it... LOL

    And that S.P. jackass ate it! Too bad it didnt kill him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails